On profiling supersonic nozzles to achieve uniform flow in the annular exit section
- 30 Downloads
The problem of profiling supersonic nozzles with a central body in order to achieve uniform supersonic flow with Mach number M e >1 in the annular exit section is studied. Equal lengths of the profiled inner (central body) and outer nozzle walls can be achieved by displacing downstream the initial bend in the inner contour, i.e., in the central body wall. A displacement of this kind was proposed and tested in [1, 2] for annular nozzles with circular exit sections.
KeywordsFluid Dynamics Mach Number Body Wall Supersonic Flow Equal Length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.U. G. Pirumov and V. A. Rubtsov, “Calculation of axisymmetric supersonic annular nozzles,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSP, Mekh. Mashinostr., No. 6, 15 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.E. G. Mezhibovskaya, U. G. Pirumov, V. A. Rubtsov, and E. V. Sorokina,Calculation of Annular Axisymmetric Nozzles [in Russian], Computer Center, Moscow Univ., Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.M. D. Ladyzhenskii, “On some properties of hypersonic flows,”Tr. TsAGI, No. 778 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.M. D. Ladyzhenskii, “On gas flows at high supersonic velocities,”Dokl. AN SSSR,134, 296 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.M. D. Ladyzhenskii, “Analysis of hypersonic flow equations and solution of the Cauchy problem,”Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,26, 289 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.M. D. Ladyzhenskii, “Hypersonic nozzle flows,”Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,29, 99 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.M. D. Ladyzhenskii,Three-Dimensional Hypersonic Glas Flows [in Russian], Mashinostroyenie, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Kraiko and V. V. Shelomovskii, “On the free expansion of two-dimensional ideal gas jets,”Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,44, 271 (19???).Google Scholar
- 9.O. N. Katskova, “Calculation of annular supersonic nozzles and diffusers,” in:Computational Mathematics, No. 3 [in Russian], USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow (1958), p. 111.Google Scholar
- 10.O. N. Katskova,Calculation of Equilibrium Gas Flows in Supersonic Nozzles [in Russian], Computer Center, USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 11.N. V. Denisova, “Numerical calculation of profiled annular nozzles with a central body,”Tr. TsAGI, No. 1571 (1974).Google Scholar