Influence of a floating elastic plate on the surfaceeffects of internal waves generated by motion of a source in a non-homogeneous liquid
- 20 Downloads
Perturbations of the surface of an exponentially stratified liquid of finite depth, free or covered by an elastic plate, are studied on the assumption that the perturbations are caused by internal waves generated by the steady motion of a constant -intensity source. The dependence of the spatial distribution of perturbations on the plate properties, velocity and the submersion depth of the source is considered.
KeywordsSpatial Distribution Fluid Dynamics Internal Wave Elastic Plate Intensity Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Sturova, “Internal waves generated in an exponentially stratified fluid by an arbitrarily moving source,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. i Gaza, No 3, 67 (1980). [Fluid Dynamics, vol.15, N3, 378–383, 1980.]Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Gorodtsov, E.V. Teodorovich, “On generation of internal waves by uniform rectilinear motion of local or non-local sources,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atmosfery i Okeana,16, 954 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Sannikov, “Near-field stationary waves generated by a local source of perturbations in a stratified fluid flow,” in:Theoretical studies of wave processes in ocean [in Russian], Sevastopol, 68, (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Borovikov, V. V. Bulatov, Yu. V. Vladimirov, E. S. Levchenko, “Prediction of the field of internal gravity waves generated by a stationary source in a stratified fluid flow,”Zh. Prikl. Mekh. i Tekhn. Fiz., No. 4, 58 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. S. M. Schulkes, R. J. Hosking, A. D. Sneyd, “Waves due to a steadily moving source on a floating ice plate, Pt. 2,”J. Fluid Mech.,180, 297 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.A. E. Bukatov, V. V. Zharkov, “Generation of three-dimensional internal waves by a pressure zone moving over a floating ice sheet,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atmosfery i Okeana,28, 416 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.A. E. Bukatov, L. V. Cherkesov, “Influence of ice cover on development of internal waves due to periodic excitation” [in Russian], in:Sea Hydrophysics Studies, No.4, 5 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.A. E. Bukatov, T. A. Solomakha, “Influence of snow viscosity upon gravity-flexural waves in reservoirs with density jump,”Morskoi Gidrofiz. Zhurn., No., 16 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Abramowitz and I. Stigun, (eds.),Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards, Applied Mathematics Series, 55, 1964.Google Scholar
- 10.D. E. Kheisin,Ice Cover Dynamics [in Russian], Hydrometizdat, Leningrad (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Bogorodskii, V. P. Gavrilo,Ice. Physical properties. Modern methods of glaciology [in Russian], Hydrometizdat, Leningrad (1980).Google Scholar