Interaction between a jet and an annular swirling stream
- 19 Downloads
The problem of the interaction between axisymmetric flows with a swirl distributed over the radius is numerically investigated. Various flow regimes with the formation of axial recirculation zones are obtained.
KeywordsFluid Dynamics Flow Regime Recirculation Zone Axisymmetric Flow Annular Swirling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Gupta, D. Lilly, and N. Sired,Swirling Flows [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Kutateladze, E. P. Volchkov, and V. I. Terekhov,Aerodynamics and Heat and Mass Exchange in Bounded Vortex Flows [in Russian], Institute of Thermophysics, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Escudier, “Vortex breakdown: observations and explanations,”Progr. Aerosp. Sci.,25, 189 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Sarpkaya, “Computational methods with vortices - the 1988 Freeman scholar lecture,”Trans. ASME, J. Fluid Eng.,111, 5 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.V. K. Akhmetov and V. Ya. Shkadov, “Development and stability of swirling flows,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Anderson, J. Tannehill, and R. Pletcher,Computational Hydrodynamics and Heat Exchange [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. S. Chen, “A numerical method for three-dimensional incompressible flow using nonorthogonal body-fitted coordinate systems,”AIAA Pap., No. 86-1654 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.B. F. Armaly, F. Durst, J. C. F. Pereira, and B. Schonung, “Experimental and theoretical investigation of backward-facing step flow,”J. Fluid Mech.,127, 473 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.R. E. Spall, T. B. Gatski, and R. L. Ash, “The structure and dynamics of bubble-type vortex breakdown,”Proc. Roy. Soc. London. Ser. A,429, No. 1877, 613 (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.W. J. Grabowski and S. A. Berger, “Solutions of the Navier-Stokes equations for vortex breakdown,”J. Fluid Mech. 75, 525 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.D. C. Brondum, J. C. Bennett, B. C. Weinberg, and H. Mcdonald, “Numerical and experimental investigation of nonswirling and swirling confined jets,”AIAA Pap., No. 86-0040 (1986).Google Scholar