A high order method for non-smooth Fredholm equations
- 27 Downloads
In this paper, we deal with a class of the second kind of non-smooth Fredholm integral equations, which are related closely to Wiener-Hopf equations. Using Sloan's iterative technique, we obtain the superconvergent approximations. By means of the correction and collocation methods, we present a kind of iterative correction collocation approximations for this kind of equations, and show that this method is not only a high order and more simple method but also an adaptable one (see e.g. ).
Key wordsCollocation approximation correction adaptable method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.A. Chandler and I.G. Graham. Convergence of Nsytrom Solutions of Wiener-Hopf Equations.Numer. Math., 1988, 52: 345–364.Google Scholar
- P.M. Anselone and I.H. Sloan. Integral Equations on the Half Line.J. Integral Equations, 1985, 9: 3–23.Google Scholar
- Shi Jun. High Order Methods for the Second Kind of Fredholm Integral Equations and Their Applications to Boundary Integral Equations. Institute of Systems Science, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ph. D. Thesis, 1990.Google Scholar
- M.P. Stallybrass. A Crack Perpendicular to an Elastic Half-line.Int. J. Engng. Sci., 1970, 8: 351–362.Google Scholar
- Xie Ruifeng. Extrapolation Methods for the Second Kind of Boundary Integral Equations. Institute of Systems Science, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ph. D. Thesis, 1988.Google Scholar
- G.A. Chandeler. Galerkin's Method for Boundary Integral Equations on Polygonal Domains.J. Austral. Math. Soc. (Series B), 1984, 26: 1–13.Google Scholar
- I.H. Sloan and V. Thomee. Superconvergence of the Galerkin Iterates for Integral Equations of the Second Kind.J. Integral Equations, 1985, 9: 1–23.Google Scholar
- K.E. Atkinson. A Survey of Numerical Methods for the Solutions of Fredholm Integral Equations of the Second Kind.SIAM, Philadelphia, 1976.Google Scholar
- M.P. Stallybrass. A Pressurised Crack in the Form of a Cross.Q. J. Mech. Appl. Math., 1970, 23: 35–48.Google Scholar
- E. Hopf. Mathematical Problems of Radiative Equilibrium. Cambridge University Press, London, 1934.Google Scholar
- Shi Jun and Lin Qun. Iterative Corrections and a Posteriori Error estimate for Integral Equations.Jour. of Comp. Math., 1993, 11(4): 297–300.Google Scholar