Plane-stress crack-tip stress fields for orthotropic perfectly-plastic materials
- 23 Downloads
Under the hypothesis that the stress components of crack-tip fields are only the functions of Θ, the differential equations of plane-stress crack-tip stress fields for orthotropic perfectly-plastic materials are obtained by using Hill's yield condition and equilibrium equations. By combining the general analytical expression with the numerical method the crack-tip stress fields for orthotropic perfectly-plastic materials for plane stress are presented.
Key wordsorthotropic plasticity crack-tip stress field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rice, J.R. and G. R. Rosengren, Plane strain deformation near a crack tip in a power-law hardening material,J. Mech. Phys. Solids,16, 1 (1968), 1–12.Google Scholar
- Hutchinson, J. W., Singular behavior at the end of a tensile crack in a hardening material,J. Mech. Phys. Solids,16, 1 (1968), 13–31.Google Scholar
- Hutchinson, J. W., Plastic stress and strain fields at a crack tip,J. Mech. Phys. Solids,16, 3 (1968), 337–347.Google Scholar
- Shih, C. F., Elastic-plastic analysis of combined mode crack problems, Ph. D. Thesis, Harvard University (1973).Google Scholar
- Shih, C. F., Small-scale yielding analysis of mixed mode crack plane strain problem, ASTM STP560 (1974), 187–240.Google Scholar
- Hayashi, K., Singular behavior at the tip of a crack in an elastic-plastic material with plastic orthotropy,J. Mech. Phys. Solids,27, 2 (1979), 163–174.Google Scholar
- Pan, J. and C. F. Shih, Plane-strain crack-tip fields for power-law hardening orthotropic materials,Mechanics of Materials,5 (1986), 299–316.Google Scholar
- Pan, J., Plane-strain crack-tip stress field for anisotropic perfectly-plastic materials,J. Mech. Phys. Solids,34, 6 (1986), 617–635.Google Scholar