The theory of static decay in computational mechanics
- 12 Downloads
In this paper, a new mathematical form, matrix continued fraction (MCF) is introduced to describe the decay of effects of an equilibrant system of forces acting on a sphere of an elastic body. By this way, the famous Saint-Venant's principle is proved often but not always valid in computational mechanics.
Key wordsmatrix continued fraction static decay Saint-Venant's principle matrix structural analysis substructure superelement chain model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fung, Y.C.,Foundation of Solid Mechanics, Prentice-Hall, Inc., New Jersey (1965), 300–309.Google Scholar
- Horgan, C.O. and J. K. Knowles, Recent development concerning Saint-Venant's principle,Advances in Applied Mechanics,23, Academic Press Inc. (1983), 179–269.Google Scholar
- Tachibana, E., Two theorems on Saint-Venant's principle in discrete structural model, Jour. of Str. and Constr. Eng. (Transactions of AIJ), 351. (May, 1985), 55–64.Google Scholar
- Wu, J.X. and H. Tsutsumi, A paradox on Saint-Venant's principle in discrete structure, Jour. of Str. and Constr. Eng. (Transactions of AIJ), 374. (April 1987), 57–62.Google Scholar
- Wu, J. X. and H. Tsutsumi, The similarity of deformation of the links of lons chain model shape structure,Memoris of Faculty of Engineering Miyazaki University, 33 (June 1987).Google Scholar
- Przemieniecki J. S.,Theory of Matrix Structural Analysis, McGraw-Hill Book Company (1968).Google Scholar