Postbuckling of rectangular plates under uniaxial compression combined with lateral pressure
- 48 Downloads
Based on the nonlinear large deflection equations of von Kármán plates, the lateral pressure is first converted into an initial deflection by Galerkin method, the postbuckling behavior of simply supported rectangular plates under uniaxial compression combined with lateral pressure is then studied applying perturbation method by taking deflection as perturbation parameter.
Two types of in-plane boundary conditions and the effects of initial geometric imperfection are also considered. It is found that the theoretical results are in good accordance with experiments.
KeywordsBoundary Condition Mathematical Modeling Theoretical Result Industrial Mathematic Galerkin Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bengtson, H. W., Ship plating under compression and hydrostatic pressure,Tran. SNAME,47 (1939), 80–116.Google Scholar
- Levy, S., D. Goldenberg, and G. Zibritosky, Simply supported long rectangular plates under combined axial load and normal pressure,NACA, TN-949, Oct. (1944).Google Scholar
- Yosiki, M., Y. Yamamoto, and H. Kondo, Buckling of plates subjected to edge thrusts and lateral pressure,J. Soc. Naval Architects of Japan,118 (1965), 249–258.Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, Y., N. Matsubara and T. Murakami, Buckling of plates subjected to edge thrusts and lateral pressure,J. Soc. Naval Architects of Japan.127 (1970), 171–179.Google Scholar
- Supple, W. T., Buckling of plates under axial load and lateral pressure,Proc. Int. Conf. on Thin-Walled Structures, University of Strathclyde Glasgow (1979).Google Scholar
- Shen Hui-shen and Zhang Jian-wu, Perturbation analyses for the postbuckling of simply supported rectangular plates under uniaxial compression,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics,9, 8 (1988), 793–804.Google Scholar