Optimal design of minimax deflection of an annular plate
- 14 Downloads
The optimal design of minimax deflection of an annular plate is studied in this paper. The annular plate is subjected to an arbitrary axisymmetric loading. The problem can be posed as a standard nonlinear programming problem with equality constraints by means of the stepped reduction method. Some examples are also given to illustrate the method which has many advantages.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Optimal Design Programming Problem Industrial Mathematic Equality Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yu, H.R. and K.Y. Yeh, Optimal design of thin elastic plate under arbitrarily load,Acta Mech. Sinica, Proceedings of China Researcher of the 16-th ICTAM (1986), 348–358.Google Scholar
- Banichuk, N.V., Design of plate for minimum stress and deflection,Optimization of Distributed Parameter Structures, IOWA, (1980,1981), 333–361.Google Scholar
- Banichuk, N.V., V.M. Kartvelishvili and A.A. Mironov, Numerical solution of two-dimensional optimization problems for elastic plate,Izv. An SSSR, MTT, 1 (1977).Google Scholar
- Banichuk, N.V., V.M. Kartvelishvili and A.A. Mironov, The numerical method for two-dimensional optimization problem in the theory of elasticity,Proc. of the V USSR Conference on the Numerical Methods for Solving Elasticity and Plasticity Problems, Part 2, Novosibirsk, VC SO AN SSSR (1978). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Yeh, K.Y., Bending, buckling and free vibration of non-homogeneous variable thickness beams,J. of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), Special Number of Mechanics,19 (1979), 138–157.Google Scholar
- Yeh, K.Y. and J.H. Kue, Bending of arbitrary axisymmetrically non-homogeneous and variable thickness circular plate with holes at centers under arbitrary steady temperature,J. of Lanzhou University, Special Number of Mech.,19 (1979), 75–114.Google Scholar