The exact integral equation of Hertz's contact problem
This paper presents the exact integral equation of Hertz's contact problem, which is obtained by taking into account the horizontal displacement of points in the contacted surfaces due to pressure.
Key wordselasticity contact problem integral equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Timoshenko, S. P. and J. N. Goodier,Theory of Elasticity, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York (1970), 409–416.Google Scholar
- Flugge, W.,Handbook of Engineering Mechanics, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York (1962).Google Scholar
- Gladwell, G. M. L.,Contact Problem in the Classical Theory of Elasticity, Sijthoff & Noordhoff Alpben aan den Rijn, The Netherlands (1980).Google Scholar
- Fabrikant, V. I., Frictionless elastic contact problem for a curved rigid punch of arbitrary shape,Acta Mechanica,67 (1987), 1–25.Google Scholar
- Yun Tian-quan, On the un-uniqueness of the solution of Hertz's contact problem,Journal of Applied Mechanics,7, 3 (1990). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
© Shanghai University of Technology 1991