On the Stokes entry flow into a semi-infinite circular cylindrical tube
- 19 Downloads
The problem of Stokes entry flow into a semi-infinite circular cylindrical tube was studied in this paper. A new kind of series solutions was derived. Their evident difference from the solutions in References [1,2] is that the present solutions don't involve infinite integral. So they are favourable for calculation. We calculated an example by allocated method and obtained satisfied results.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Series Solution Cylindrical Tube Satisfy Result
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wu Wang-yi and Richard Skalak, The creeping motion in the entry region of a semi-infinite circular cylindrical tube,Appl. Math. and Mech.,4, 6 (1983).Google Scholar
- Happel J, and H. Brenner,Low Reynolds Number Hydrodynamics, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers (1983).Google Scholar
- Dagan, Z., S. Weinbaum and R. Pfeffer,J. Fluid Mech.,115 (1982), 502–523.Google Scholar
- Gluckman, M. J., S. Weinbaum and R. Pfeffer,J. Fluid Mech.,55 (1972), 677–709.Google Scholar
- Ding Tong-ren,The Basis of Ordinary Differential Equation, Shanghai Science and Technology Press, (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang Zhu-xi and Guo Dun-ren,Summary of Special Function, Science Press (1955). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Friedmann, M., J. Gillis, and N. Liron, Laminar flow in a pipe at low and moderate Reynolds numbers,Appl. Sci. Res.,19, (1968).Google Scholar