The solution of rectangular plates with large deflection by spline functions
- 73 Downloads
In this paper, Von Kármán's set of nonlinear equations for rectangular plates with large deflection is divided into several sets of linear equations by perturbation method, the dimensionless center deflection being taken as a perturbation parameter. These sets of linear equations are solved by the spline finite-point (SFP) method and by the spline finite element (SFE) method. The solutions for rectangular plates having any length-to-width ratios under a uniformly distributed load and with various boundary conditions are presented, and the analytical formulas for displacements and deflections are given in the paper. The computer programs are worked out by ourselves. Comparison of the results with those in other papers indicates that the results of this paper are satisfactorily better.
KeywordsBoundary Condition Mathematical Modeling Computer Program Linear Equation Industrial Mathematic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Way, S., Uniformly loaded, clamped, rectangular plates with large deflection,Proc. Fifth Int. Cong. Appl. Mech. (Cambridge, Mass. U. S. A. 1938), (1939), 123–128.Google Scholar
- Levy, S., Bending of rectangular plates with large deflections, T. N. No.846, NACA (1942); Square plate with clamped edges under normal pressure producing large deflections T. N. No.847, NACA, (1942).Google Scholar
- Wang, C. T. Nonlinear large deflection boundary value problems of rectangular plates, NACA, T. N. 1425 (1948).Google Scholar
- Chien, W. Z. and K. Y. Yeh, On the large deflection of rectangular plate,Proc. Ninth Int. Cong. Appl. Mech., Brussels, 6 (1957), 403.Google Scholar
- Brown, J. C. and J. M. Harvey, Large deflections of rectangular plates subjected to uniform lateral pressure and compressive edge loading,Journal Mech. Eng. Sci.,11, 3 (1969), 305–317.Google Scholar
- Hooke, R., Approximate analysis of the large deflection elastic behaviour of clamped, uniformly loaded, rectangular plates,J. Mech. Eng. Sci.,11, 3 (1969), 256–269.Google Scholar
- K. Y. Yeh, et al, The perturbation solution of clamped rectangular plate for large deflection under the normal uniform load,Proc. of Sixth National Conference on Elastic Components, Xiamen, (1981). (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Pan Li-zhou and Wang Shu, A Perturbation-variational solution of the large deflection of rectangular plates under uniform load,Applied Mathematics & Mechanics,7, 8 (1986), 727–740.Google Scholar
- Shih Chung-tze, On spline finite element method,Computational Mathematics, 1 (1979), 50–72. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Qing Rong,Spline Method in Structure Mechanics, (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar