Series solution for elastic behavior of corrugated circular plates in large deflection under arbitrary loads
- 29 Downloads
Chebyshev polynomials are used to solve the problem of large deflection for corrugated circular plates with a plane central region under arbitrary loads based on the nonlinear bending theory of anisotropic circular plates. Numerical results are compared with those available in the literature. The present method shows higher accuracies and larger application ranges.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Central Region Industrial Mathematic Present Method Elastic Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feodosev, V.I.,Theory and Calculation for Elastic Elements of Precision Instruments, Science Press, Beijing (1963). (in Chinese Translated from Russian)Google Scholar
- Chen, S.L., Elastic behavior of uniformly loaded circular corrugated plate with sine-shaped shallow waves in large deflection,Appl. Math. Mech.,1, 2 (1980), 279–291.Google Scholar
- Andryewa, L.E.,Elastic Elements of Instruments. Masgiz, Moscow (1962). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Liu, R.H., Characteristic relations for corrugated circular plates,Acta Mech. Sin., 1 (1978), 47–52. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu, R.H., Characteristic relations for corrugated circular plates with a plane center region,J. China Univ. Sci. Tech. 9, 2 (1979), 75–85. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu, R.H., Large deflection of corrugated circular plate with a plane central region under the action of concentrated loads at the center.Int. J. Non-Linear Mech.,19, 5 (1984), 409–419.Google Scholar
- Liu, R.H., Large deflection of corrugated circular plate with plane boundary region.Solid Mechanics Archives.9, 4 (1984), 383–405.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Q.H., A study on characteristic relations of corrugated circular plates.Mechanics and Practice.2, 3 (1980), 64–66. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fox, L. and I.B. Parker.Chebyshev Polynomials in Numerical Analysis, Oxford University Press, London (1968).Google Scholar
- Jaff, N.A. and J. Thomas, Application of quasi-linearization and Chebyshev series to the numerical analysis of the laminar boundary-layer equations,AIAA J.,8, 3 (1970), 483–490.Google Scholar
- Alwar, R.S. and Y. Nath, Application of Chebyshev polynomials to the nonlinear analysis of circular plates,Int. J. Mech. Sci.,18, 11–12 (1976), 589–595.Google Scholar