Analysis of nonlinear large deformation problems by boundary element method
- 21 Downloads
In this paper, the author deduces an approximate solution of nonlinear influence function in rate form for two-dimensional elastic problems on current configuration by the method of co-moving coordinate system. Here BEM formulation of large deformation based on Chen's theory[I] is given. The computational processes of nonlinear boundary integral equation is discussed. The author also compiles a nonlinear computing program NBEM. Numerical examples show that the results presented here is available to the solution of engineering problems.
KeywordsBoundary Element Large Deformation Boundary Element Method Engineering Problem Boundary Integral Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen Zhi-da,Rational Mechanics, China Institute of Mining (1980,1983). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mukhejee, S.,Boundary Element Method in Creep and Fracture, Applied Science Publishers, Beibing, U.K. (1982).Google Scholar
- Jelles, J.C.F.,The Boundary Element Method Applied to Inelastic Problem, Lecture Notes in Eng., New York (1983).Google Scholar
- Chandra, A. and S. Mukhejee, Boundary element formulation for large strain-large deformations of viscoplasticity,Int. J. Solids Structures,30, 1 (1984), 41–53.Google Scholar
- Sneddon, I.N.,Fourier Transforms, Scotland (1950).Google Scholar
- Xie He-ping and Chen Zhi-da, Nonlinear finite element analysis of large deformation for continua in gravity field.Int. Conf. on Nonlinear Mech., Shanghai, China, Oct. (1985), 1337.Google Scholar
- Xie He-ping and Chen Zhi-da, Nonlinear computing program NEPR for large deformation of underground openings in rock and its application,Proc. of Int. Symp. on Mining Tech. and Science. Xuzhou, China, Sept. (1985), 23–1.Google Scholar
- Novati, G. and C.A. Brebbia, Boundary element formulation for geometrically nonlinear elastostatics,Appl. Math. Modelling.6 (1982), 136–138.Google Scholar