Isotropicalized spline integral equation method for the analysis of anisotropic plates
- 13 Downloads
In the view of Reissner's and Kirchhoff's theories, respectively, we formulate the isotropicalized governing equations for the anisotropic plates, and give the proof of the equivalence relation between these two plate-models for the simply-supported rectangular orthotropic plates. The well-known fundamental solutions of the isotropic plates are utlized for the spline integral equation analysis of anisotropic plates.Even with sparse meshes the satisfactory results can be obtained. The analysis of plates on two-parameter elastic foundation is so simple as the common case that only a few terms should be added to the formulas of fictitious loads.
Key wordsanisotropic plates spline integral equation method isotropicalized process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wu, B.C. and N.J. Altiero, A new numerical method for the analysis of anisotropic thin plate bending problem,Com. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engng.,25 (1981), 343–353.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.C. et al., SBEM for plate bending problems,Boundary Elements (Ed. Du Q.H.), Pergamon Press, Beijing (1986), 427–436.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.C. et al., SBEM for Reissner's plates and its application to foundation plates,Boundary Elements IX(Ed. C.A., Brebbia), Vol.2, Spring-Verlag (1987), 111–125.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.C., Boundary element method for Kirchhoff's plate,Computational Structural Mechanics and Applications,3 (1986), 41–50. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Selvadurai, A.P.S.,Elastic Analysis of Soil-Foundation Interaction, Elsevier Scient. Publ. Comp., Amsterdam (1979).Google Scholar
- Lekhnitskii, S.G.,Anisotropic Plates, translated by Hu H.C., Science Press (1955). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Timoshenko, S., and S. Woinowsky-Krieger,Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill (1959).Google Scholar