Optimal bounds for ordinal comparison maps
- 15 Downloads
In this note, we answer the following question: Given two recursively presented well orderingsR, S of subsets of the natural numbers, what is the complexity of an ordinal comparison mapκ takingR isomorphically onto an initial segment ofS (or vice versa)?
KeywordsNatural Number Mathematical Logic Initial Segment Optimal Bound Ordinal Comparison
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CCSSW]Cenzer, D., Clote, P., Smith, R., Soare, R.I., Wainer, S.S.: Members of countableII 01 classes (to appear in Ann. Pure Appl. Logic).Google Scholar
- [C11]Clote, P.: Anti-basis theorems and their relation to independence results in Peano arithmetic. In Model theory and arithmetic. Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics890, 115–133 (1980).Google Scholar
- [C12]Clote, P.: A recursion theoretic analysis of the clopen Ramsey theorem. J. Symb. Logic49, (2), 376–400 (1984).Google Scholar
- [C13]Clote, P.: On recursive trees with a unique infinite branch. Proc. Am. Math. Soc.93, (2), 335–342 (1985).Google Scholar
- [C14]Clote, P.: A generalization of the limit lemma and clopen games (to appear in J. Symb. Logic).Google Scholar
- [CM]Cenzer, D., Mauldin, R.D.: On the Borel class of the derived set operator. II. Bull. Soc. math. France111, 367–372 (1983).Google Scholar
- [Fr1]Friedman, H.: Systems of second order arithmetic with limited induction (Abstract). J. Symb. Logic41, 557–559 (1976).Google Scholar
- [Fr2]Friedman, H.: The metamathematics of the Higman and Kruskal theorems (in preparation).Google Scholar
- [Ro]Rogers, H., Jr.: Theory of recursive functions and effective computability. New York: McGraw-Hill 1967.Google Scholar
- [Sp]Spector, C.: Recursive well orderings. J. Symb. Logic20, 151–163 (1955).Google Scholar