The expansion for the error distribution of sample median and its random weighting statistic
In this paper, the expansion for the error distribution of the sample median is obtained. To mimic the error distribution of the sample median, random weighting statistic is introduced. It is proved in this paper that the precision of the approximation of the error distribution for sample median by random weighting method is of the order ofo(1/√n).
KeywordsWeighting Statistic Error Distribution Weighting Method Math Application Sample Median
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zheng Zhongguo, Some Results on a Random Weighting Method,Chinese Journal of Probability and Statistics,3:1 (1987), 1–7.Google Scholar
- Zheng Zhongguo, A New Result On Random Weighting Method.Google Scholar
- Yao Zeqing. Approximation to Distributions Admiting Edgeworth Expansion,Journal of System Science & Mathematical Science,8:2(1988), 113–126 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zheng Zhongguo, Expanding the Random Weighting Distribution for Mean in Independently But Not Identically Distributed Situation.The Chinese Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics,3: 2(1987), 159–166.Google Scholar
- B. L. S. Prakasa Rao, Nonparametric Functional Estimation, Academic Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- Bei Zhidong, Zho Lincheng, Asymptotic Expansion of the Distribution of the Sum of Independent Random Variables,Scientia Sinica,8, 1985.Google Scholar