An inequality relating the order, maximum degree, diameter and connectivity of a strongly connected digraph
- 20 Downloads
We prove that if there is a strongly connected digraph of ordern, maximum degreed, diameterk and connectivityc, thenn≤c dk−d /d−1+d+1. It improves the previous known results, and it, in fact, is the best possible for several interesting cases. A similar result for arc connectivity is also established.
KeywordsMaximum Degree Interesting Case Math Application Connected Digraph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Plesnil, J. and Znam, S., Strong Geodetic Directed Graphs,Acta Fcta Rerum Natur. Univ. Camenian Math.,29(1974), 29–34.Google Scholar
- Imase, M., Soneoka, T. and Okada, K., Connectivity of Regular Directed Graphs with Small Diameters,IEEE Trans. Comput.,c-34(1985), 267–273.Google Scholar
- Imase, M. and Itoh, M., A Design for Directed Graph with Minimum Diameter,IEEE Trans. Comput.,c-32(1983), 782–784.Google Scholar
- Reddy, S.M., Kuhl, J. G., Hosseini, S.H. and Lee, H., On digraph with Minimum Dimeter and Maximum Connectivity, Proceedings of Allerton Conf. On Communications, Control and Computers, Illinois, 1018–1026, 1982.Google Scholar
- Du, D.Z. and Hwang, F.K., Generalized de Bruijn Digraphs,Networks,18(1988), 27–38.Google Scholar