Propagation of a chemical-reaction wave under UV radiation
- 71 Downloads
The formation and propagation of a photochemical-reaction wave were studied. The condition for propagation is the “brightening” of reaction products. The wave velocity is in direct proportion to the product of the quantum yield by the light intensity and in inverse proportion to the concentration of an absorbing reagent. The time during which a steady-state regime was reached was estimated. Transition of a photochemical wave to a steady state was analyzed. The influence of a periodic variation of light intensity on wave propagation was studied. Examples of photochemical-reaction waves were considered.
KeywordsRadiation Physical Chemistry Steady State Dynamical System Light Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. L. Gromovenko, I. R. Begishev, and V. I. Babushok, “Ignition and flame propagation in halocarbonchloride mixtures subject to UV-radiation,”Fiz.Goreniya Vzryva,29, No. 3, 82–84 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.I. R. Begishev, “Ignition and propagation of combustion in oxygen- and chlorine-containing systems under the action of light. Scientific aspects of the fire-safety of photochemical processes,” Author's Abstract, Doct. dissertation in tech. sci., VIPTSh MVD RF, Moscow (1995), p. 44.Google Scholar
- 3.R. F. Davletshin, N. N. Kudryavtsev, and O. V. Yatsenko, “Kinetics of photochemical transformations in a molecular gas irradiated by a powerful UV source,”Kinet. Katal.,34, No. 5, 780–782 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Shchetinkov,Physics of Combustion and Explosion [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.W. B. De More, S. P. Sander, D. M. Golden, et al., “Chemical kinetics and photochemical data for use in stratospheric modeling,” Ev. No. 11, JPL Publication 94-26, 273 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.G. M. Panchenko and V. P. Lebedev,Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.S. P. Perov and A. Kh. Khrgian,Modern Problems of Atmospheric Ozone [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1980).Google Scholar