Thermal behaviour of 8-hydroxyquinoline complexes with nickel(II)/copper(II)/zinc(II) hydroxides
- 57 Downloads
Thermal behaviour of M(OH)2(8-HQ)2 (M=Ni, Cu and Zn; 8-HQ=8-hydroxyquinoline) has been studied by dynamic TG and DTA methods in nitrogen atmosphere. The percent weights lost in different temperature range was calculated from TG curves. The mode of decomposition has been supported by endotherms observed in DTA curves of the respective compounds.
Keywordscomplexes DTA TG
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. L. Dubey and Neeta Tiwari, Indian J. Chem, 30A (1991) 855.Google Scholar
- 2.B. L. Dubey and Neeta Tiwari, Journal Bull. Chem. Soc., Jpn, 65 (1992) 495.Google Scholar
- 4.W. W. Wendlandt, Anal. Chim. Acta, (1956) 109.Google Scholar
- 5.R. G. Charles, Anal. Chim. Acta, (1962) 474.Google Scholar
- 6.W. W. Wendlandt and J. H. Van Tassel, Science, 127 (1958) 242.Google Scholar
- 8.A. F. Wells, Structural Inorganic Chemistry, 4th Edn, ELBS and Oxford University Press, London 1979, p. 516.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Mandelcorn, Non-stoichiometric compounds, Academic Press, New York 1964, p. 522.Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Vogel, A Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis, 3rd Edn, ELBS and Longman London 1978, pp. 447, 462, 392.Google Scholar