On the strongSH-motion in clay overlying hard elastic material due to explosions
Kisslinger and others have observed that there is strongSH-motion in clay resulting in fracture of the surface when a strong shot is made inside. To explain this phenomenon, it has been assumed that the thickness of this visco-elastic clay above the comparatively harder elastic medium is not uniform. This non-uniformity of thickness contributes to a term in the displacement which becomes theoretically very large for certain wave-lengths.
KeywordsClay Elastic Material Elastic Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Das Gupta S. C. (1962): Gerlands Beitr. Geophysik (In press).Google Scholar
- Ghosh M. (1961): Geofisica pura e appl., Vol. 49, pp. 61–74.Google Scholar
- Hanin M. (1957): J. Math. Phys. Vol. 36, pp. 234.Google Scholar
- Jeffreys H. (1931): M.N.R.A.S. (Geo. Suppl.), Vol. 2, pp. 318–23.Google Scholar
- Kisslinger C., E. J. Mateker &T. V. McEvilly (1961): J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 66, pp. 3487–3496.Google Scholar