Degradation of phenylalanine in the presence of hydrogen peroxide
- 24 Downloads
UV-irradiation of phenylalanine by 253.7 nm light in the presence of hydrogen peroxide formed 5 ninhydrin reactive products and ammonia. Four of them were identified as aspartic acid, serine, alanine and lysine.
KeywordsHydrogen Ammonia Hydrogen Peroxide Serine Lysine
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.L. Weil andJ. Maher, Arch. Biochem. Biophys.29, 241 (1950).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Ferrari andC. Passera, Photochem. Photobiol.1, 155 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Fahim andRashid Ali, Indian. J. Biochem.6, 232 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Vogel inA Text Book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis (John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York 1961, p. 363.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Moore andW. H. Stein, J. biol. Chem.192, 663 (1951).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Moore andW. H. Stein, J. biol. Chem.211, 907 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Sanger, Biochem. J.39, 507 (1945).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Asif, Rashid Ali andI. Husain, Indian. J. Biochem.6, 90 (1969).Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1976