Kinetic studies on the thermal dissociation of β-cyclodextrin-cinnamyl alcohol inclusion complex
- 51 Downloads
The stability of β-cyclodextrin-cinnamyl alcohol inclusion complex (β-CD·C9H10·8H2O) was investigated using TG and DSC. The mass loss took place in three stages: the dehydration occurred between 50–120°C; the dissociation of β-CD·C9H10O occurred in the range of 210–260°C; and the decomposition of β-CD began at 280°C. The dissociation of β-CD·C9H10O was studied by means of thermogravimetry, and the results showed: the dissociation of β-CD·C9H10O was dominated by a two-dimensional diffusion process (D2). The activation energyE was 161.2 kJ mol−1, the pre-exponential factorA was 4.5×1013 min−1.
Cyclodextrin is able to form inclusion complexes with a great variety of guest molecules, and the interesting of studies focussed on the energy binding cyclodextrin and the guest molecule.
In this paper, β-cyclodextrin-cinnamyl alcohol inclusion complex was studied by fluorescence spectrophotometry and infrared absorption spectroscopy, and the results show: the stable energy of inclusion complexes of β-CD with weakly polar guest molecules consists mainly of Van der Waals interaction.
Keywordsβ-cyclodextrin cinnamyl alcohol kinetics thermal analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. H. Tong, Huaxue Tongbao, 2 (1981) 68.Google Scholar
- 2.C. P. Zhang and Y. G. Zhang, Yaoxue Tongbao, 22 (1987) 101.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Koizumi, H. Miki and Y. Kubota, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 28 (1980) 319.Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Li and G. E. Zhang, Wulihuaxue Xuebao, 8 (1992) 123.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. B. Jang, X. Z. Huang and G. Z. Cheng, Gaodendengxuexiao Huaxue Xuebao, 12 (1991) 961.Google Scholar