Thermal studies of some aryloxides of titanium(IV)
Thermal behaviour of aryloxides of titanium(IV) of composition TiCln(OAr)4−n (wheren=0→3 and OAr=OC6But-4, OC6H4OMe-4 and OC6H2-Bu 2 t -2,6−Me-4) has been studied by DTA and TG analysis. Multiple decomposition steps have been indicated by thermal weight losses which are both exothermic and endothermic as shown by DTA curves. Based upon the total % loss in weight; during entire decomposition titanium dioxide has been found to be the final residue in each case.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.G. Pfeifer and T. Flora, Magyar Kém. Folyóirat, 70 (1964) 375.Google Scholar
- 6.K. C. Malhotra, Neeraj Sharma, S. S. Bhatt and S. C. Chaudhry, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 67 (1990) 830.Google Scholar
- 7.S. C. Chaudhry, A. Kumar, S. S. Bhatt and N. Sharma, Synth. React. Inorg. Met-Org. Chem., 22 (1992) 1.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Fischer and U. Ehrhardt, Ges. Abhandl. Kenninis Kohle, 4 (1919) 237; CA. 15 (1921) 3635.Google Scholar
- 10.S. C. Chaudhry and S. Mehta, Curr. Science, 53 (1984) 406.Google Scholar