The induction of chromosome aberrations in human lymphocytes by negative π-mesons under conditions of anoxia and oxygenation
- 7 Downloads
After a dose of 3.0 Gy in the peak position of the pion depth-dose curve, the ratios between observed chromosome aberration yields under conditions of oxygenation and of anoxia were obtained for lymphocytes exposed at 3 depths in a plastic phantom. These ratios were 3.7, 1.9 and 1.3 in the plateau, peak and post-peak positions, respectively, suggesting a corresponding decrease in the oxygen enhancement ratio.
KeywordsOxygen Peak Position Human Lymphocyte Chromosome Aberration Enhancement Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S.P. Richman, C. Richman, M.R. Raju and B. Schwartz, Radiat. Res. suppl.7, 182 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Gnanapurani, M.R. Raju, S. Wolff and C. Richman, Int. J. Radiat. Biol.21, 49 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.R.E. Ellis, P.J. Lindop, J.E. Coggle and G. Fraser, Rutherford Laboratory Report, RL-76-092 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.B.E. Lambert, J.E. Coggle, R.W. Davies, Br. J. Radiol.50, 537 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.D.R. Perry and M.A. Hynes, in: Proc. Int. Cong. on Protection Against Accelerator and Space Radiations, vol. 1, p. 220. (CERN 71-16), Ed. J. Baarli and J. Dutrannois. CERN, Geneva 1971.Google Scholar
- 12.R.J. Purrott and D.C. Lloyd, National Radiological Protection Board Report, NRPB-R2. Harwell 1972.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Baarli and M. Bianchi, Int. J. Radiat. Biol.22, 183 (1972).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Pater, G. Arnison and W. Cameron, Rutherford Laboratory Report, RL-79-018 (1978).Google Scholar