Binding of [3H]cimetidine to rat brain tissue
- 23 Downloads
Binding of [3H]cimetidine to rat brain tissue was investigated, and a saturable binding with dissociation constant 0.22±0.05 μM found. This binding is inhibited by a range of imidazole-derived histamine H2-receptor antagonists, but not by a number of non-imidazole H2-receptor antagonists. It is concluded that the [3H]cimetidine binding site in rat brain tissue that is labelled in these experiments is not the histamine H2-receptor.
KeywordsBinding Site Histamine Brain Tissue Cimetidine Dissociation Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.D. Kanof andP. Greengard,Pharmacological Properties of Histamine-Sensitive Adenylate Cyclase from Mammalian Brain, J. Pharmac. exp. Ther.209, 87 (1979).Google Scholar
- S.J. Hill, P.C. Emson andJ.M. Young,The Binding of [3H]mepyramine to Histamine H 1-Receptors in Guinea Pig Brain, J. Neurochem.31, 997 (1978).Google Scholar
- R.S.L. Chang, V.T. Tran andS.H. Snyder,Heterogeneity of Histamine H 1-Receptors: Species Variations in [3 H]mepyramine Binding of Brain Membranes, J. Neurochem.32, 1653 (1979).Google Scholar
- V.T. Tran, R.S.L. Chang andS.H. Synder,Histamine H 1-Receptors Identified in Mammalian Brain Membranes with [3 H]mepyramine, Proc. nat. Acad. Sci. USA75, 6209 (1978).Google Scholar
- T.O. Yellin, S.H. Buck, D.J. Gilman, D.F. Jones andJ.M. Wardleworth,ICI 125, 211: a Potent New Antisecretory Drug Acting on Histamine H 2-Receptors, The Pharmacologist21, 266 (1979), Abstract 635.Google Scholar
- J. Bradshaw, R.T. Brittain, J.W. Clitherow, M.J. Daly, D. Jack, B.J. Price andR. Stables,Ranitidine (AH 19065): a New Potent, Selective Histamine H 2-Receptor Antagonist, Br. J. Pharmac.66, 464P (1979).Google Scholar
- J.P. Green andS. Maayani,Tricyclic Antidepressant Drugs Block Histamine H 2-Receptor in Brain, Nature, Lond.269, 163 (1977).Google Scholar
- P.D. Kanof andP. Greengard,Brain Histamine Receptors as Targets for Antidepressant Drugs, Nature, Lond.,272, 329 (1978).Google Scholar
- G.J. Durant, W.A.M. Duncan, C.R. Ganellin, M.E. Parsons, R.C. Blakemore andA.C. Rasmussen,Impromidine (SK&F 92676) is a very Potent and Specific Agonist for Histamine H 2-Receptors, Nature, Lond.276, 403 (1978).Google Scholar
- S.T. Nielsen, T.O. Yellin, P.N. Edwards andM.S. Large,Radioligand Binding Assay of H 2-Receptors with [3 H]ICIA 5165, The Pharmacologist21, 265 (1979), Abstract 634.Google Scholar
- C.R. Ganellin,Selectivity and the Design of Histamine H 2-Receptor Antagonists, J. appl. Chem. Biotechnol.28, 183 (1978).Google Scholar