Influence of zinc, D-penicillamine and oxygen on poisoning withAmanita phalloides. Zinc accelerates liver regeneration and prevents the depletion of brain noradrenaline caused by the mushroom
- 29 Downloads
Pretreatment with zinc aspartate increased the survival rate of mice poisoned with a lyophilisate from the mushroomAmanita phalloides (APL). In the livers of the zinc-treated animals, confluent necrosis was cleared earlier. Zinc also prevented the reduction of brain noradrenaline caused by the mushroom as well as the rise of brain dopamine and brain weight.d-Penicillamine also protected against the lethal effects of APL. The survival afforded by zinc pretreatment was marginally ameliorated by additional oxygenation.
KeywordsOxygen Zinc Aspartate Survival Rate Dopamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.L. Floersheim, Chemotherapy inAmanita phalloides poisoning. InAmanita Toxins and Poisoning (Eds.H. Faulstich, B. Kommerell andTh. Wieland).Witzstrock, Baden-Baden 1980.Google Scholar
- G.L. Floersheim,Treatment of experimental poisoning by the mushroom Amanita phalloides, Toxic. appl. Pharmac.34, 499–508 (1975).Google Scholar
- G.L. Floersheim, M. Eberhard, P. Tschumi andF. Duckert,Effects of penicillin and silymarin on liver enzymes and blood clotting factors in dogs given a boiled preparation of Amanita phalloides. Toxic. appl. Pharmac.46, 455–462 (1978).Google Scholar
- J. Wagner, M. Palfreyman andM. Zraika,Determination of DOPA, dopamine, dopac, epinephrine, norepinephrine, α-monofluoromethyldopa and α-difluoromethyldopa in various tissues of mice and rats using reversed-phase ion-pair liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection. J. Chromat.164, 41–54 (1979).Google Scholar
- G.E. Voigt andT. Saldeen,Ueber den Schutzeffekt des Zinks gegenüber Mangansulfat-oder Kohlen-stofftetrachloridinduzierten Leberschäden, Frank. Z. Path.74, 572–578 (1965).Google Scholar
- T. Saldeen andU. Brunk,Enzyme histochemical investigations of the inhibitory effect of zinc on the injurious action of carbon tetrachloride in the liver, Frank. Z. Path.76, 419–426 (1967).Google Scholar
- G.C. Becking andA.B. Morrison,Hepatic drug metabolism in zinc-deficient rats, Biochem. Pharmac.19, 895–901 (1970).Google Scholar
- A. Larcan, M.C. Laprevote-Heully, H. Lambert andR. Jacson,Les indications de l'oxygénotherapie hyperbare en réanimation médico-chirurgicale, Ann. méd. Nancy13, 963–994 (1974).Google Scholar
- E. Kempf, J. Greilsamer, G. Mack andP. Mandel,Correlation of behavioural differences in three strains of mice with differences in brain amines, Nature, Lond.247, 483–485 (1974).Google Scholar
- Th. Wieland,Poisonous principles of mushrooms of the genus Amanita, Science, N.Y.159, 946–952 (1968).Google Scholar