Lactic dehydrogenase virus has been found to replicate and maintain a chronic infection in the Asian mouseMus caroli as it does inMus musculus. However, the level of viraemia is lower and the increase in plasma lactate dehydrogenase activity very much less.
KeywordsLactate Lactic Dehydrogenase Host Species Chronic Infection Dehydrogenase Activity
- 2.V. Riley, F. Lilly, E. Huerto and D. Bardell, Science132, 545 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.K.E.K. Rowson and B.W.J. Mahy, Virology Monographs, vol. 13. Springer-Verlag, Wien 1975.Google Scholar
- 4.P.G.W. Plagemann, K.F. Gregory, H.E. Swim and K.K.W. Chan, Can. J. Microbiol.9, 75 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.K.E.K. Rowson, Br. Emp. Cancer Campaign A. Rep.44, 113 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.J.T. Marshall, Bull. Am. Mus. nat. Hist.158, 175 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Amador, L.E. Dorfman and W.E.C. Wacker, Clin. Chem.9, 391 (1963).Google Scholar