Chemistry of mediterranean gorgonians. II. Pregna 4,20-dien-11α-ol-3-one acetate, a novel steroid from the gorgonianEunicella cavolini
The compound titled1 has been isolated from the gorgonianE. cavolini and synthesized from 11α-acetoxy-progesterone (3).
KeywordsAcetate Steroid Compound Titled1 Mediterranean Gorgonian
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.A.J. Weinheimer and R.L. Spraggings, Tetrahedron Lett.1969, 5185; G.L. Bundy, E.G. Daniels, F.H. Lincoln and J.E. Pike, J. Am. chem. Soc.94, 2124 (1972); W.P. Schneider, R.D. Hamilton and L.G. Rhuland, J. Am. chem. Soc.94, 2122 (1972); R.J. Light and B. Samuelsson, Eur. J. Biochem.28, 232 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.M.D. Higgs and D.J. Faulkner, Steroids30, 379 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.J.F. Kingston, B. Gregory and A.G. Fallis, Tetrahedron Lett.1977, 4261.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Budzikiewicz, C. Djerassi and D.A. Williams, in: ‘Structure Elucidation of Natural Products by Mass Spectrometry’, vol. II, p. 75. Holden-Day Inc., San Francisco, London, Amsterdam 1964.Google Scholar
- 6.E.R.H. Jones, in: 8th Int. Symp. Chem. nat. Prod., New Delhi, 6–12 February 1972, p. 42. Ed. T.R. Govindachari. Butterworths, London 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.J.W. Blunt and J.B. Stothers, Org. magn. Resonance9, 439 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.H.L. Dauben, B. Löken and A.J. Ringold, J. Am. chem. Soc.76, 1359 (1954).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Bowers, L.C. Ibañez and H.J. Ringold, Tetrahedron7, 138 (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.A.C. Cope and E.R. Trumbull, Org. React.11, 357 (1960).Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1978