Comparison of an HPLC method with a RIA, EMIT and FIA method for the assay of serum gentamicin with extensive statistical evaluation
- 28 Downloads
A high performance liquid chromatography (hplc) assay, a radioimmunoassay (ria), an enzyme immunoassay (emit) and a fluorescence immunoassay (fia) method for assaying serum gentamicin were compared in terms of accuracy and precision. Spiked human serum samples in the range of 0–11.6 mg.l−1 gentamicin were used in all the tests.
Regression analysis and analysis of variance were performed. The Performance Index (pi) was used to qualify the different methods. Other aspects of performance were also compared: simplicity, speed, cost, application in relation to workload.
After extensive statistical evaluation thefia method gives the best results.
KeywordsPublic Health Internal Medicine Regression Analysis Liquid Chromatography High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ayers, G., D. Burnett, A. Griffeths andA. Richens (1981)Clin. Pharmacokin. 6, 106–117.Google Scholar
- Barends, D.M., J.S.F. Van Der Sandt andA. Hulshoff (1980)J. Chromatog. 182, 201–210.Google Scholar
- Dankert, J., and J.Woltjes (1977)Zentr. Bakteriol. Parasitenk. I Abt. Orig. 113–123.Google Scholar
- Dijkhuis, I.C. (1979) Ph.D. thesis, Leiden.Google Scholar
- Feinstein, A.R. (1976)Clin. Pharmacol. Therap. 20, 617–631.Google Scholar
- Flournoy, D.J., T.C.J. Fung andO.M. Van Duyn (1981)Meth. Find. Exptl. Clin. Pharmacol. 3, 79–82.Google Scholar
- Haughly, D.B., D.M. Janicke, M. Adelman andJ.J. Schentag (1980)Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherap. 17, 649–653.Google Scholar
- Kerlinger, F.N. (1964)Foundations of behaviorial research. Holt, Rinehart and Winton Inc., New York, 258.Google Scholar
- Krugers Dagneaux, P.G.L.C., andJ.T. Klein Elhorst (1981)Pharm. Weekbl. Sci. Ed. 3, 66–70.Google Scholar
- Mangione, A., andJ.J. Schentag (1980)Frontiers in therapeutic drug monitoring. Raven Press, New York 143–152.Google Scholar
- O'Leary, T.D., R.M. Ratcliff andT.D. Geary (1980)Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherap. 17, 776–778.Google Scholar
- Pippenger, C.E., H. Paris-Kuth, J.K. Penry andD.D. Daly (1978)Antiepileptic Drugs: Quantitative analysis and interpretation, Raven Press, New York, 187–197.Google Scholar
- Wesp (1977)Waarlijk Eenvoudig Statistisch Pakket. Publ. nr. 8. Rekencentrum University of Groningen, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- White, L.O., L.M. Scammel andD.S. Reeves (1981)Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherap. 19, 1064–1066.Google Scholar
- Wonnacot, T., andH. Wonnacot (1977)Introductory statistics. 3d ed. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York, 331.Google Scholar
- Yoshikawa, T.T., S.K. Maitra, M.C. Schots andL.B. Guze (1980)Rev. Inf. Dis. 2, 169–181.Google Scholar