Variability of β-amylase isoenzymes within a collection of inbred lines of rye (Secale cereale L.)
- 10 Downloads
Within one collection of 18 inbred rye lines, seven distinct isoenzymatic patterns of β-amylase were found, and five of them formed a group of similar patterns shifting to distinct positions in the gel. It was proved that the shift of the pattern was due to genetic factors. In crossed immunoelectrophoresis, drastic differences were shown in the quantity of the different β-amylase constituents. No antigenic differences could be demonstrated between the analyzed isoenzymes.
Key wordsSecale cereale β-amylase variability immunochemical characteristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Joudrier, P., C. r. Acad. Sci. Paris291 (1980) 291.Google Scholar
- 2.Dabrowska, T., Genet. pol.24 (1983) 9.Google Scholar
- 3.Ainsworth, C. C., Gale, M. D., and Baird, S., Theor. appl. Genet.66 (1983) 39.Google Scholar
- 4.Niku-Paavola, M., Skakoun, A., Nummi, M., and Daussant, J., Biochim. biophys. Acta322 (1973) 181.Google Scholar
- 5.Ewart, J. A. D., Euphytica26 (1977) 733.Google Scholar
- 6.Daussant, J., and Skakoun, A., in: Isozymes: Current Topics in Biological and Medical Research, vol. 5, p. 175. Eds M. C. Rattazzi, I. G. Scandalios and G. S. Whitt. A. R. Liss, New York 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Sadowski, J., MacGregor, A. W., and Daussant, J., Electrophoresis7 (1986) 176.Google Scholar
- 8.MacGregor, A. W., Thompson, R. G., and Meredith, W. O. S., J. Inst. Brew.80 (1974) 181.Google Scholar
- 9.Ruebenbauer, T., Postepy Nauk Rolniczych3 (1977) 85.Google Scholar
- 10.Daussant, J., Zbaszyniak, B., Sadowski, J., and Wiatroszak, I., Planta151 (1981) 176.Google Scholar