A source of error in the fluorometric determination of protein in human placental microsomes
Specialia Pro Experimentis
- 4 Downloads
When protein is assayed in human placental microsomes by the fluorescamine procedure, 25–30% of the observed fluorescence results from labeling of phospholipids.
KeywordsFluorescamine Fluorescence Result Fluorometric Determination Placental Microsome Human Placental Microsome
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.P. Böhlen, S. Stein, W. Dairman and S. Udenfriend, Arch. Biochem. Biophys.155, 213 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.R.M. Van Frank, Analyt. Biochem.65, 552 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.N.R. Sims and P.R. Carnegie, Analyt. Biochem.65, 578 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Böhlen, S. Stein, K. Imai and S. Udenfriend, Analyt. Biochem.58, 559 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.P.V. Johnstone, Basic Lipid Methodology, p.26. Special Publication No. 19, College of Agriculture, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.The authors are grateful to Dr James Bryant Howard, University of Minnesota, for these analyses.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Pollow, W. Runge, B. Pollow, H. Grunz, W.R. Willems and J. Schmalbeck, Hoppe-Seylers Z. Physiol. Chem.354, 705 (1973).Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1979