Promotion of epithelial keratinization by N-methyl-N′-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in rat forestomach in organ culture
- 6 Downloads
The effect of N-methyl-N′-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG) on epithelial differentiation of fetal rat forestomach was investigated in organ culture. When forestomach tissues removed from 16.5-day fetuses were treated with 5 μg and 3 μg of MNNG per ml for 1 h, epithelial keratinization was observed after 4 and 5 days, respectively, whereas it occurred after 6 days in control cultures. A clear dose-response relationship was found in the promotion of epithelial keratinization by MNNG.
KeywordsOrgan Culture Control Culture Epithelial Differentiation Epithelial Keratinization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.J. D. Mandell and J. Greenberg, Biochem. biophys. Res. Commun.3, 575 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Sugimura, S. Fujimura, K. Kogure, T. Baba, T. Saito, M. Nagao, H. Hosoi, Y. Shimosato and T. Yokoshima, GANN Monogr.8, 157 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.P. D. Lawley and C. J. Thatcher, Biochem. J.116, 693 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Sugimura, T. Matsushima, T. Kawachi, K. Kogure, N. Tanaka, S. Miyake, M. Hozumi, S. Sato and H. Sato, GANN Monogr.13, 31 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.G. H. Clamon, M. B. Sporn, J. M. Smith and U. Saffiotti, Nature250, 64 (1974).Google Scholar