Formation of glomerulus-like structures by the olfactory nerve after neonatal bulbectomy
- 8 Downloads
Evidence presented here suggests that glomerulus formation within the olfactory bulb of the rat, which is mostly a postnatal event, is directed by the olfactory nerve rather than by the influences of mitral and tufted cells.
KeywordsOlfactory Bulb Olfactory Nerve Tufted Cell Postnatal Event Glomerulus Formation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.G. M. Shepherd, Phys. Rev.52, 864 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Meisami and F. Shafa, 6th Int. Symp. Olfaction Taste, 1977, abstr.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Meisami and E. Razagh-Manesh, Int. Symp. dev. Neurobiol. 1978, abstr.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Altman, J. comp. Neurol.137, 433 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.S. F. Takagi, in: Handbook of Sensory Physiology, vol. 4, p. 75. Ed. L. M. Beidler, Springer, Berlin 1971.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1979