Data structures and algorithms for the string statistics problem
- 91 Downloads
Given a textstringx of lengthn, theMinimal Augmented Suffix Tree T (x) ofx is a digital-search index that returns, for anyquery stringw and in a number of comparisons bounded by the length ofw, the maximum number of nonoverlapping occurrences ofw inx. It is shown that, denoting the length ofx byn, T(x) can be built in timeO(n log2n) and spaceO(n logn), off-line on a RAM.
Key wordsDesign and analysis of algorithms Combinatorics on strings Pattern matching Substring statistics Suffix tree Augmented suffix tree Period of a string Repetition in a string
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AHU]A. V. Aho, J. E. Hopcroft, and J. D. Ullman,The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1974.Google Scholar
- [A]A. Apostolico, The myriad virtues of subword trees, inCombinatorial Algorithms on Words (A. Apostolico and Z. Galil, eds.), ASI F-12, Springer-Verlag, New York, pp. 85–95, 1985.Google Scholar
- [AP1]A. Apostolico and F. P. Preparata, Optimal off-line detection of repetitions in a string,Theoret. Comput. Sci.,22 (1983), pp. 297–515.Google Scholar
- [AP2]A. Apostolico and F. P. Preparata, Structural properties of the string statistics problem,J. Comput. System Sci.,31(3) (1985), 394–411.Google Scholar
- [CR]M. Crochemore and W. Rytter, Squares, cubes, and time-space efficient string searching,Algorithmica,13 (1995), 405–425.Google Scholar
- [LS]R. C. Lyndon and M. P. Schutzenberger, The equationa M =b N c P in a free group,Michigan Math. J.,9 (1962), 289–298.Google Scholar
- [M]E. M. McCreight, A space economical suffix tree construction algorithm,J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,25 (1976), 262–272.Google Scholar