A computer-based system for collection and analysis of circadian rest-activity data
- 9 Downloads
A computer-based system for collection and analysis of circadian rest-activity data was developed. The system has the advantage of a minimal amount of interface hardware and uses standard laboratory computer equipment permitting easy collection and automatic visualization and analysis of the data. The flexibility of the programs allows manipulation of the presentation format as needed and further refinements of the data analyses are possible.
KeywordsData Analysis Standard Laboratory Minimal Amount Presentation Format Laboratory Computer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Richter, C. P., Biological Clocks in Medicine and Psychiatry. Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, Ill., 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Wehr, T. A., Wirz-Justice, A., Goodwin, F. K., Duncan, W., and Gillin, J. C., Phase advance of the sleep-wake cycle as an antidepressant. Science206 (1979) 710–716.Google Scholar
- 3.Wehr, T. A., Goodwin, F. K., Wirz-Justice, A., Craig, C., and Breitmaier, J., 48-Hour sleep-wake cycles in manic-depressive illness: naturalistic observations and sleep deprivation experiments. Archs gen. Psychiat.39 (1982) 559–565.Google Scholar
- 4.Wallen, E. P., Hess, M., Johnson, L., and Stone, W., Rhythm monitoring using a microcomputer system. Physiol. Behav.23 (1979) 611–614.Google Scholar
- 5.Nakatsu, K., and Owen, J. A., A microprocessor-based animal monitoring system. J. Pharmac. Meth.3 (1980) 71–82.Google Scholar
- 6.Sokolove, P. G., and Bushnell, W. N., The Chi-square periodogram: its utility for analysis of circadian rhythms. J. theor. Biol.72 (1978) 131–160.Google Scholar
- 7.Wirz-Justice, A., and Campbell, I. C., Antidepressant drugs can slow or dissociate circadian rhythms. Experientia38 (1982) 1301–1309.Google Scholar
- 8.Theeuwes, F., and Yum, S. I., Principles of the design and operation of genetic osmotic pumps for the delivery of semisolid or liquid drug formulations. Ann. biomed. Engng4 (1976) 343–353.Google Scholar