Effect of bombesin on glucose transport system in biomembranes
- 10 Downloads
Bombesin is able to stimulate the glucose transport system supported by a contractile glucose binding protein (GBP) in biomembranes. The increase of glucose transport indicates that bombesin affects GBP.
KeywordsGlucose Transport System Glucose Transport Bombesin Glucose Transport System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.C. Cavallotti and F. Eusebi, Boll. Soc. it. Biol. sper.48, 666 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.F. Eusebi and C. Cavallotti, Rec. Med.12, 21 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Eusebi and C. Cavallotti, Atti 3 ° Congr. naz. Biochimica Clinica, Bari 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Blumenthal and A. Katchalsky, Biochim. biophys. Acta173, 357 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Erspamer and P. Melchiorri, Pure appl. Chem.35, 463 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Erspamer, P. Melchiorri and N. Sopranzi, Br. J. Pharmac.48, 438 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Mueller, D.O. Rudin, H. Ti Tieu and W. C. Wescott, Nature194, 979 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Mueller and D.O. Rudin, J. theor. Biol.18, 222 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Lieb and W. Stein, Biochim. biophys. Acta265 187 (1972).Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1980