Nuclear fusion and irregular cytokinesis in binucleate and tetraploid cells ofVicia faba after caffeine treatment
- 14 Downloads
By means of 3 h treatment with 0.2% caffeine solution, binucleate and tetraploid cells were obtained in the lateral root meristem ofVicia faba. During recovery changing rates of fused interphases were noticed. Cell walls were formed in the equatiorial plane of the preceeding division of binucleate and tetraploid cells at interphase and in the course of bimitosis or 4n-mitosis at prophase or metaphase; during bitelophase a constriction of the fused nuclei could be seen. The conclusion is that the basic requirements of cytokinesis are not affected by caffeine.
KeywordsCell Wall Caffeine Lateral Root Basic Requirement Root Meristem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Kihlman andA. Levan, Hereditas35, 109 (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Giménez-Martín, A. González-Fernández andJ. F. López-Sáez, J. Cell Biol.26, 305 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Röper, Arzneimittelforsch. (Drug Res.), in press.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Giménez-Martín, J. F. López-Sáez, P. Moreno andA. González-Fernández, Chromosoma25, 282 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Röper, Biol. Zbl., in press.Google Scholar
- 6.A. González-Fernández, J. F. López-Sáez, andG. Giménez-Martín, Expl Cell Res.43, 255 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.A. González-Fernández, G. Giménez-Martín andJ. F. López-Sáez, Expl Cell Res.62, 464 (1970).Google Scholar