Shell mineralogy of Monodonta (Osilinus) articulata Lamark 1822
Specialia Mineralogica, Geophysica, Oceanographica
- 16 Downloads
The species Monodonta (Osilinus) articulata Lamark 1822 is recorded as having a shell with mixed minerals: a calcitic microstructural unit is comprised between 2 aragonitic layers.
KeywordsMixed Mineral Microstructural Unit Aragonitic Layer Shell Mineralogy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.H. E. Lowenstam, Proc. nat. Acad. Sci.40, 39 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.J. D. Milliman, Marine carbonates. Springer, Berlin 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.K. K. Turekian and R. L. Armstrong, J. Marine Res.18, 133 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.O. B. Bøggild, D. K. D. Vidensk. Selsk. Skr. naturh. Math.9, 231 (1930).Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. C. Bathurst, Carbonate sediments and their diagenesis. Elsevier, Amsterdam 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.O. P. Majewske, Recognition of invertebrate fossil fragments in rocks and thin section. Brill, Leiden 1974.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag 1977