Distribution of14C after topical application of14C-labeled 1,3-bis-(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea (BCNU) in mice
Following topical application of14C-labeled 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea (BCNU, carmustine) to the skin of mice radioactivity was found in all viscera and tissues examined. Exclusive of the gut, highest values were recorded for the liver, kidney and lung.
KeywordsTopical Application BCNU Carmustine Nitrosourea
- 2.H. S. Zackheim, E. H. Epstein, Jr, Archs Derm.111, 1564 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.H. I. Maibach and R. J. Feldmann, Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci.141, 423 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Wheeler, B. J. Bowdon and T. C. Herren, Cancer Chemother. Rep.42, 9 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.V. T. De Vita, C. Denham, J. D. Davidson and V. T. Oliverio, Clin. Pharm. Ther.8, 566 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.F. N. Marzulli, D. W. C. Brown and H. I. Maibach, Toxic. appl. Pharmac., suppl. 3, 76 (1969).Google Scholar