Paroxysmal discharges in the electroencephalogram of the El mouse
- 42 Downloads
The spike discharges in the EEG of the El mouse, a seizure-susceptible strain, were recorded during convulsive seizures. This fact provides evidence that those seizures are really epileptic convulsions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.K. Imaizumi, S. Ito, G. Kutsukake, T. Takizawa, K. Fujiwara andT. Tsuchikawa, Exp. Animals,8, 6 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Imaizumi andT. Nakano, Mouse News Lett.31, 57 (1964). This strain of the mouse had been called ep at first but it was designated as El later internationally.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kurokawa, H. Naruse andM. Kato, inProgress in Brain Research (Eds.T. Tokizane andJ. P. Schade; Elsevier, Amsterdam 1966), p. 112.Google Scholar
- 5.F. A. Gibbs, E. L. Gibbs andW. G. Lennox, Brain60, 377 (1937).Google Scholar
- 7.R. G. Bickford andD. W. Klass, inBasic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies (Eds.,H. H. Jasper, A. A. Ward, Jr. andA. Pope; Little, Brown, Boston 1969), p. 543.Google Scholar
- 8.R. L. Collins, inExperimental Models of Epilepsy (Eds.D. P. Purpura, J. K. Penry, D. Tower, D. M. Woodbury andR. Walter; Raven Press, New York 1972), p. 347.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Naquet andB. S. Meldrum, inExperimental Models of Epilepsy (Eds.D. P. Pupura, J. K. Penry, D. Tower, D. M. Woodbury andR. Walter; Raven Press, New York 1972). p. 373.Google Scholar
- 11.E. C. Crichlow andR. D. Crawford, Can. J. Physiol. Pharmac.52, 424 (1974).Google Scholar