Electronmicroscopic identification of type C particles in cultured murine neuroblastoma
- 5 Downloads
Monolayer of murine neuroblastoma were treated with dexamethasone and examined by electronmicroscopy. Most of the treated cells were morphologically differentiated and exhibited type C virus particles which were budding from the cell surface. This in vitro system may be of great value for exploring the oncogenic potential of the virus, and its possible role in cell differentiation.
KeywordsElectronmicroscopy Cell Surface Dexamethasone Cell Differentiation Neuroblastoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.W. Bernhard, in: Ultrastructure of Animal Viruses and Bacteriophages: an Atlas, p. 283. Ed. A.J. Dalton and F. Haguenau. Academic Press, New York 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.The Molecular Biology of Tumor Viruses, p. 502 Ed. J. Tooze. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Liebermann and L. Sachs, Nature, Lond.269, 173 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.D.D. Myers, H. Meier, R.J. Huebner, L. Vernon and J. Walker, Nature, Lond.,234, 100 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.K.N. Prasad and A.W. Hsie, Nature, Lond., New Biol.233, 141 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Augusti-Tocco and G.H. Sato, in: Control Mechanisms in the Expression of Cellular Phenotypes, p. 109. Ed. H.A. Padykula. Academic Press, New York 1970.Google Scholar
- 11.K.N. Prasad, J. Zambernard, R. Lasher and M.H. VanWoert, Nature, Lond.228, 997 (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.D.I. Graham and N.K. Gontas, Neuropath. appl. Neurobiol.2, 451 (1976).Google Scholar
- 16.D. Sandquist, T.H. Williams, S.K. Sahu and S. Kataoka, Exp. Cell Res. (in press).Google Scholar
- 17.D. Sandquist, S.K. Sahu and T.H. Williams, Anat. Rec.187, 704 (1977).Google Scholar
- 18.K.N. Prasad, S.K. Sahu and S. Kumar, in: Differentiation and Control of Malignancy of Tumor Cells, p. 287. Ed. W. Nakahara, T. Ono, T. Sugimura and H. Sugano. University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo 1974.Google Scholar