Matings of early-hatched parents of the potato cyst-nematode:H. rostochiensis, gave F1 which hatched early-late-hatched parents gave progeny which showed dormancy, the extent fo which was in most instances determined by the parents' time of hatching. It is suggested that dormancy is genetically controlled.
- 1.W. Baunacke, Arb. biol. Bund, Anst. Land. u. Forstw.11, 185 (1922).Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. Fenwick and E. Reid, Nature, Lond.171, 47 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.P. C. Cunningham, Sci. Proc. R. Dublin Soc. B1, 1 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Shepherd, and P. M. Cox, ann. appl. Biol.60, 143 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.H. El-Shatoury, Proc. R. Ir. Acad.77B6, 135 (1977).Google Scholar