Uniformly maximumnorm stable difference schemes
- 12 Downloads
Sufficient conditions for maximumnorm stability, uniform in the mesh-widths, of implicit two-level difference schemes with constant coefficients are given. Uniform stability is a necessary and sufficient condition for consistent difference schemes to be convergent, when the mesh-widths are unrelated.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Difference Scheme Constant Coefficient Consistent Difference Uniform Stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. M. Butzer, H. Berens,Semigroups of Operators and Approximation, Springer, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.F. John,On integration of parabolic equations by difference methods, Comm. Pure Appl. Math., 5 (1952), 155–211.Google Scholar
- 3.M. L. Juncosa, D. M. Young,On the Crank-Nicolson procedure for solving parabolic partial differential equations, Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc., 53 (1957), 448–461.Google Scholar
- 4.S. J. Serdyukova,The uniform stability with respect to the initial data of a sixpoint symmetrical scheme for the heat conduction equation, In: Numerical methods for the solution of differential equations and quadrature formulae, Nauka, Moscow, 212–216, 1964.Google Scholar
- 5.S. J. Serdyukova,The uniform stability of a sixpoint scheme of increased order of accuracy for the heat conduction equation, Ž. vyčisl. Mat. i Mat. Fiz., 7 (1967), 214–218 (also U.S.S.R. Comput. Math. and Math. Phys., 7 (1967), 297–303).Google Scholar
- 7.W. R. Wasow,On the accuracy of implicit approximations to the equation of heat flow, Math. Tables Aids Comput., 12 (1958), 43–55.Google Scholar