On an interval-arithmetic matrix method
- 40 Downloads
Hansen and Smith have proposed a method for solving linear algebraic systems with interval coefficients which produces good results if the intervals are narrow. In this paper we show that the error of their method isO(W2), whereW is the width of the set of coefficients. The effects of round-off errors are not considered.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Matrix Method Algebraic System Linear Algebraic System Interval Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Apostol,Mathematical Analysis, Addison-Wesley, Reading (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Hansen (ed.),Topics in Interval Analysis, Clarendon, Oxford (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Hansen,On linear algebraic equations with interval coefficients, in  (1969), 35–46.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Nickel,Zeros of polynomials and other topics, in  (1969), 25–34.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Moore,Interval Analysis, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Smith and E. Hansen,A computer program for solving a system of linear equations and matrix inversion with automatic error bounding using interval arithmetic, Lockheed Report LMSC4-22-66-3 (1968).Google Scholar