Characterization of allA-stable methods of order 2m-4
The characterization ofA-stable methods is often considered as a very difficult task (see e.g. ). In recent years, simple proofs have been found for methods of orderp≧2m-2 (see , , ). In this paper, we characterize theA-acceptable approximations of orderp ≧2m-4 and apply the result to 12-parameter families of implicit Runge-Kutta methods.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Simple Proof
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. C. Butcher,On A-stable IRK methods, BIT 17 (1977), 375–378.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Crouzeix and F. Ruamps,On rational approximations to the exp., R.A.I.R.O. Analyse numérique 11, no. 3 (1977), 241–243.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Hairer and G. Wanner,Algebraically stable and implementable Runge-Kutta methods of high order, to appear in SIAM J. Numer. Anal.Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. Nørsett and G. Wanner,The real-pole sandwich and oscillation equations, BIT 19 (1979), 79–94.Google Scholar
- 6.S. P. Nørsett and G. Wanner,Perturbed Collocation and Runge-Kutta methods, submitted to Numer. Math., Dec. 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Wanner, E. Hairer and S. P. Nørsett,Order stars and stability theorems, BIT 18 (1978), 475–489.Google Scholar