On the design of nested iterations for elliptic difference equations
- 23 Downloads
By “Richardson extrapolation from 2h andh toh/2” the results of computations with coarse grids are used for the construction of an initial approximation on finer grid. After a rather small number of iterations high accuracy is obtained. Numerical results are given for the two-dimensional Laplace equation.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Difference Equation Initial Approximation Laplace Equation Coarse Grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Pereyra,Accelerating the Convergence of Discretization Algorithms, SIAM J., Numer. Anal., Vol 4, No 4, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.H. J. Stetter,Asymptotic Expansions for the Error of Discretization Algorithms for Non-Linear Functional Equations, Num. Math., 7, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.E. L. Wachspress,Iterative Solution of Elliptic Systems and Applications to the Neutron Diffusion Equations of Reactor Physics, Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Lindberg,Interpolation in the results of extrapolation methods for differential equations, submitted to SIAM Journal of Numerical Analysis.Google Scholar
- 5.N. S. Bahvalov,Convergence of a relaxation method under natural constraints on an elliptic operator, Z. Vycisl. Mat. i Mat. Fiz 6 (1966), 861–883. (Russian).Google Scholar