On the convergence of advanced linear multistep methods
- 33 Downloads
A convergence theorem is given showing that zero-stable advanced linear multistep methods with orderp consistency have orderp convergence.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Convergence Theorem Multistep Method Linear Multistep Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. W. Daniel,Nonlinear equations arising in deferred correction of initial value problems, MRC Rep. 818, (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.P. A. W. Holyhead, S. McKee, and P. J. Taylor,Multistep methods for solving linear Volterra integral equations of the first kind, SINUM 2, No. 5 (1975), 698–711.Google Scholar
- 3.S. McKee,The linear algebra of discretisation methods (submitted for publication).Google Scholar
- 4.Hans J. Stetter,Analysis of Discretisation for Ordinary Differential Equations, Springer, Berlin - Heidelberg - New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Williams and F. de Hoog,A Class of A-stable advanced multistep methods, Math. Comp. 28, no. 125 (1974), 163–177.Google Scholar
© BIT Foundations 1979