Abnormally soluble collagen produced in fibroblasts cultures
- 16 Downloads
Abnormally soluble collagen is synthesized in vitro not only by skin fibroblasts of Marfan patients but also by those of patients with Ehlers-Danlos type V and cutis laxa. The excessive solubility of collagen is corrected by the addition to the culture medium of a synthetic flavonoid, (+)-catechin.
KeywordsCollagen Flavonoid Catechin Type Versus Skin Fibroblast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. E. Priest, J. F. Moinuddin andJ. H. Priest, Nature, Lond.245, 264 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Di Ferrante, R. D. Leachman, P. Angelini, P. V. Donnelly, G. Francis, A. Almazan andG. Segni, Connect. Tiss. Res.3, 49 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Schlebusch andD. Kern, Angiology9, 248 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. McKusick,Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue (Mosby, St. Louis 1972).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Cetta, G. Pallavicini, A. Calatroni, G. Fossati andA. A. Castellani, IV European Symposium on Connective Tissue Research, Padova, Italy (1974).Google Scholar