Regression-type estimators using two auxiliary variables and the model of double sampling from finite populations
- 134 Downloads
In this paper, we use two auxiliary variablesx andy to construct two regression-type estimators for the population mean of the study variabley. The efficiency of the proposed estimators is investigated under a super-population model. A numerical study is done to demonstrate the practical use of different estimation formulae and empirically demonstrate the performance of the constructed estimators.
KeywordsAuxiliary Variable Approximate Expression Estimation Formula Regression Estimator Finite Population
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chand, L.: Some Ratio-type Estimators based on two more auxiliary variables. Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Iowa State University, Ames 1975.Google Scholar
- Cochran, W.G.: Sampling Techniques. 2nd Ed. New York 1963.Google Scholar
- Olkin, I.: Multivariate ratio estimation for finite populations. Biometrika45, 1958.Google Scholar
- Robson, D.S.: Application of multivariate poly keys to the theory of unbiased ratio-type estimators. JASA52, 1957.Google Scholar
- Sukhatme, B.V.: Sampling theory of surveys and its applications. 2nd ed. Ames 1970.Google Scholar