Über kombinierte Wirkungen eines Juvenoids (Altosid) und eines Bacillus-thuringiensis-Präparats (Bactimos) auf Larven der Stechmücken Culex pipiens molestus Forsk. und Theobaldia longiareolata Macq. (Dipt., Culicidae)
- 10 Downloads
Labor- und Freilandexperimente ergaben, daßCulex pipiens molestus- undTheobaldia longiareolata-Larven des
The joint action of JHA (Altosid) and Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis (Bactimos) against Culex pipiens molestus Forsk. and Theobaldia longiareolata Macq. larvae (Dipt., Culicidae)
Exposing second and fourth instar larvae ofCulex pipiens molestus for 24 h to Altosid increased their tolerance to Bactimos. The interaction was apparent in fourth instar larvae treatment especially at the higher concentrations. Exposure bactimos to Altosid for 72 hours decreased its efficacy against the fourth instar larvae ofCulex pipiens molestus.
The LT50 values were significantly lower in larvae treated with Bactimos only than that treated with Altosid and Bactimos.
Altosid briquets increased significantly the tolerance ofTheobaldia longiareolata larvae toBacillus thuringiensis var.israelensis at all concentrations tested.
Generally, pretreatment mosquito larvae with Altosid followed by Bactimos, increased the tolerance of larvae to the bacterium, this may be due to the toxic effect of Altosid on the bacterium or to the changes in the physiological status of the treated larvae to tolerate the effect of bacterium.
On the light of these studies, Altosid exhibited detrimental effect on the efficacy ofB. thuringiensis var.israelensis againstC. pipiens molestus andT. longiareolata larvae. Therefore, interactions between Altosid and Bactimos could not fit the integrated control of mosquitoes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dove, R. F., McKague, A. B., 1975: Effect of insect developmental inhibitors on adult emergence of black flies. Can. Ent.107, 1211–1213.Google Scholar
- Farghal, A. I., 1979: Recent trends in culicine mosquito control. Ph. D. Thesis, Assiut University.Google Scholar
- Farghal, A. I., Temerak, S. A., 1981: Effect of the juvenile hormone analogue Altosid on some culicine mosquitoes and their associated insects under field and laboratory conditions. Z. ang. Ent.92, 505–510.Google Scholar
- Haverty, M. I., Howard, R. W., 1979: Effects of insect growth regulators on subterranean termites: Induction of differentiation, defaunation, and starvation. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am.72, 503–508.Google Scholar
- Hoppe, T., Inster, H., andVogel, W., 1974: Biological activity of JH analogues against larvae ofC. pipiens pipiens tested in small-scale field trials. Mosq. News34 (3), 293–296.Google Scholar
- Lee, T. M., Siverly, R. E., 1976: Evaluation of Altosid SL 10 in controlling mosquito population in an industrial waste lagoon complex. Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science83, 215–216.Google Scholar
- Litchfield, J. J., Wilcoxon, F., 1949: A simplified method of evaluation dose effect experiments. J. Pharmacol. exp. Ther. 96–99.Google Scholar
- Lucas, R. E., 1978: Methoprene: An insect growth regulator mosquito control. Pest control 34–36.Google Scholar
- Miller, R. W., Uebel, E. C., 1973: Juvenile hormone mimics as feed additives for control of the face fly and house fly. J. Econ. Ent.67, 69–70.Google Scholar
- Miura, T., Takahashi, R. M., 1973: Insect developmental inhibitors. 3. Effects on nontarget aquatic organisms. J. Econ. Ent.66, 917–922.Google Scholar
- Mohamed, A. A., 1978: Effect of certain juvenile hormone analogue onSpodoptera littoralis (BOISD.). M. Sc. Thesis. Assiut University.Google Scholar
- Morgan, P. B., Labrecque, G. C., Weidhaas, D. E., Benton, A., 1975: The effect of methoprene, an insect growth regulator, onMusca domestica (Diptera, Muscidae). Can. Ent.107, 413–417.Google Scholar
- Mori, K., 1971: Synthesis of compounds with JH activity. 17–35 Dept. of Agric. Chemistry. Tokyo Univ. Yayoi-1-1-1, Bunkyoku, Tokyo 113.Google Scholar
- Naqui, S. N. H., Rashid, S., Ashrafi, S. H., 1976: Effect of Altosid (JHA ZR 515) onAedes aegypti (PESIR strain). Z. ang. Ent.80, 316–324.Google Scholar
- Pree, D. J., 1974: Effect of insect developmental inhibitors on the apple maggotRhagoletes pomonella (Diptera: Trypetidae) Can. Ent.106, 1019–1024.Google Scholar
- Schaefer, C. H., Wilder, W. H., 1972: Insect developmental inhibitors: A practical evaluation as mosquito control agents. J. Econ. Ent.65, 1066–1071.Google Scholar
- ——, 1973: Insect developmental inhibitors 2-Effects on target mosquito species. J. Econ. Ent.66, 913–916.Google Scholar
- Swaroops, S., Gilory, A. B., Umeura, K., 1966: Susceptibility tests. Statistical methods in malaria eradication. WHO Monograph Series, No. 5, WHO, Geneva, 118–129.Google Scholar